CRYSTAL LITTER is a relatively new product whose primary benefit is super odor control. It is composed of silica sand (SiO2), one of the most abundant substances in nature. Through advanced processing, this sand is converted into crystals; each crystal contains millions of microscopic pores, which exhale moisture from cat urine. The quartz sand is heated to melting temperature and then rapidly cooled in water. Next, it is dried out, sifted and sized.
Features & Benefits:
- Super odor control – (Most types of litter claim this, but none can match crystals)
- Non-toxic to pets and children
- Less landfill waste – Biodegradable
- Comparable price to clumping litter on a monthly basis, slightly more
- Contains No crystalline silica (which is present in clay litters and may be carcinogenic)